Source - Ballerstatus

Senegalese Hip-Hop Star Akon Has Apologised For His Antics With An Underage Girl.

The video has been circulating the internet for weeks now, I even posted it myself, but now Akon has turned out to have his say on the incident that has threatened to scare his career. In a statement given to TMZ.com Akon said:

"First, and most important to me, I want to sincerely apologise for the embarrassment and any pain I've caused to the young woman who joined me on-stage, her family and the Trinidad community for the events at my concert in Port of Spain on April 12th"

He continued:

"It was never my intention to embarrass or take advantage of my fans in any way, especially those under the age of 18. That is why we tried to make sure that the club did not admit anyone under 18 in the audience. Somehow, that standard was not met"

To be honest, I completely agree with Akon in this instance, he is a grown man & his show is obviously quite 'adult'. I'm sure he did not know that the girl was underage. But, whatever he says, & however many times he apologises, it will have an effect on his career & his success in the chart for some time.