In A Sad & Somewhat Surprising Statement, Production God "Timbaland" Has Announced That He Is Soon Looking To "Throw In The Towel".

In a recent interview he is quoted as saying: "I'm about to de-crown myself and pass it over to one of the up-and-coming producers under me. They won't be able to be me - there's only one Timbaland - but there's a certain sound that I try to teach."
His reasons behind his intended retirement:
“Music is boring right now. I'm too innovative for the world. I've been doing it so long"

This is really not a good thing for music, Timbaland is the greatest producer in the world, period. His style & innovative beats cannot be matched by anyone, his work with "Aaliyah" is some of the best contemporary R&B ever created, & his "Missy" production is so cool it is beyond words.

Tim has spoken about his boredom of music before but I never thought that he would retire now that he has become so popular with mainstream audiences. Admittedly he never seemed 'content' with what he was doing, I always expected more from Timbo, this almost seems like his is giving up, rather than trying to change the sound of music.

At least he is not on the way out yet, he has work penned with "Madonna", "Muse" & at least one more album with Missy Elliott among others. I don't believe this is the end for Tim, I think he will move on from producing to work on his record label, "Mosley Music" has the potential to be the next "Bad Boy" or "Def Jam", just wait for "Keri Hilson".

Long Live The King.